What is IECRE
The IEC System for Certification to Standards Relating to Equipment for Use in Renewable Energy Applications (IECRE System) aims to facilitate international trade in equipment and services for use in Renewable Energy Sectors while maintaining the required level of safety.
In order to achieve this it:
- operates a single, global certification system
- aims for acceptance by local/national authorities or other bodies requiring and benefiting from certification
- will make use of high quality International Standards and allow for continuous improvement
To be effective and avoid double work of what information must be given when and to whom, the System will include a mechanism to solve disagreements between stakeholders both on the content and its correct application.
Its goal is to offer a harmonized application around the globe, which ensures a uniform:
- implementation and mutual recognition between certification bodies and test labs
- implementation and delivery of information by suppliers, sub-suppliers, end users and others providing documentation for certification
- implementation and clear understanding of all suppliers, sub-suppliers, end users and other applicants for the elements and modules as well as reports, statements and certificates of the certification processes